NEW FEATURES AND EXPERIENCES
Control4 OS 2.8 features new native streaming music services, improvements to the user interface with movies and music, and a simpler and more robust security experience for all Control4 customers.
Expanded Native Streaming Services
With OS 2.8 Control4 is expanding their native streaming music offering beyond Rhapsody, Napster and TuneIn to now include Pandora, Tidal and Deezer.
- No additional hardware required to get access to millions of stations and songs
- Easily add accounts for the whole family—just add multiple instances of the service for each family member
Note: All new Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down icons for the configurable keypad give one-touch access to your favorite Pandora stations.
Native Support for Airplay-Enabled Devices
Stream music from your iOS smart phone or tablet. Shairbridge brings a simple, reliable solution for sharing music from a mobile device. As a simple driver for HC-800 controllers, Shairbridge means you don’t need any additional hardware to enjoy your favorite music from an iOS device.
New and Improved Entertainment Experience
Entertainment is an integral part of their smart home experience, and OS 2.8 introduces a new user interface for the way customers listen and watch.
- New My Movies and My Music user experience. The new grid view showcases high-resolution cover art for an improved browsing experience, and a new details view displays rich metadata.
- All-new search feature is the perfect way to find the right album or movie.
- Enhanced and more intuitive channels and stations presentation provides a well-organized grid view and higher-resolution icons for satellite, cable, and broadcast TV.
Safety and Security Reimagined
It's understandable that you want to ensure your home and family are safe and secure. We have Control4 completely reimagined the their security experience, making it much more intuitive for you to arm or disarm a system.
New Security UI Provides More Control and Peace of Mind
The stunning new Control4 security experience makes using a security system more intuitive, allowing you to arm or disarm your system, or get emergency help directly from your touch screens, TV or mobile devices. The bold, approachable and intuitive UI features large icons making it easy for everyone in the home to use.
All Security Zones on a Single Screen
Now you can manage sensors and other security features in one consolidated place, the Security UI. This new security experience makes it easy to close a gate or a garage door with a single tap.
All-New Security History Agent
A brand-new History agent records security incidents throughout your home, creating a contextualized understanding of what is happening within the house. These history items can be used to create intelligent alerts and notifications so you can know when an issue arises. The History agent also provides a list view on Navigators of all the security events in a home, making them searchable to see a more complete history of all activity.
Secure your Smart Home with your iOS or Android Device
The same great lock experience available on the new Control4 touch screens now extends to your iOS or Android device. You can easily view and manage locks from anywhere, and even grant or remove access to the system.
All-New Door Station
Available later this year, the new DS2 Door Station will deliver greater security, with the speed and clarity the most demanding home owner would require. Great new features include motion detection, email snapshots, better low-light performance, and the ability to see the camera independent of a call. With four models, either flush or surface mount, and with a keypad option, the new DS2 Door Station will be used to protect and connect even more homes than ever.
You'll love the ability to have custom wallpapers on previous generation touch screens. With OS 2.8, the entire personalization experience has been improved, making it easier to customize and giving screen savers a more elegant look.
- New screen savers on T3 touch screens provide you with multiple elegant options including date and time and weather, as well as currently playing media and photos.
- At HTE we can load multiple wallpapers and designate which which navigators have access. You can then customize your wallpapers and select from a variety of available options right from your touch screens.
Limited Edition Red Touch Screen
Celebrating OS 2.8 and the success of our T3 Touch Screens, Control4 is releasing a Limited Edition Red Tabletop Touch Screen. Providing dedicated control for the Control4 Smart Home featuring stunning industrial design with edge-to-edge glass and crisp, high-resolution graphics, this touch screen looks great in your hand or on the table. Order today before they’re gone!